forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques, Olivier (OCBU-Test Infra)" <olivier.jacq...@hp.com>
Subject RE: [skins] Remark on skins documentation - page breaks
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:22:33 GMT
> Thanks for the pointer, I'll make a change in the docs now.

Thanks.

> You can do this in HTML without the need to create a new skin by using
> classes:

Great! This works perfectly. I removed my customized skin.
I now use <p class="pageBreakBefore"> with the <extra-css> you provided.

> To respect those classes in PDF will require changes in the
> Formatting Object stylesheets. I think this an excellent
> enhancement so I will add it to the issue tracker.

I just moved away from PDF generated by fop as I had plenty of problems,
including images and tables.
I use a "print" from my browser an a PDF printer to have a colorful doc
from the HTML. By doing so, with your last tip, I can also control PDF
page breaks. I just miss the table of contents.

I know that it kind of break the "philosophy" of forrest but, to me, the
generated PDF file was not useable as is.

Olivier.