forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Forrest won't work with Windows Virtual Drives
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:12:30 GMT
Team

Not a big problem, but in the spirit of reporting all problems..

We use Windows of various flavours at the office, and have some type of
virtual drives set up, with files residing on a server and accessible as a
virtual drive H: and some kind of synchronisation occurs as I shut down and
start up my laptop. When at the office, Forrest happily works with files on
H: (actually resident on the network) but when I take my laptop home, H: is
now a virtual drive resident on one of my real disk drives, and Forrest
doesn't work.

I don't know whether this is a Forrest problem or a problem with our network
setup, but in the interests of reporting problems - there is a problem here
somewhere!

I attach the output of  a simple Forrest seed/Forrest site process performed
at home. The same sequence works without errors when I am re-connected to
the network at the office.

I don't need a solution, since I can work with files on a Physical D: at
home, but I thought it best to point it out.

Regards

Charles Palmer