forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Trouble with instructions in snapshot download
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:07:19 GMT
Team:

I've downloaded a recent snapshot (1 December) and it is running (thanks!). I've just returned
to the top-level index.html and tried to follow the instructions in the sections "Run a webapp
of the Apache Forrest site" and "Render the Forrest Core documentation". Neither of these
work. I suspect the documentation is out of step with the file structures.

The instructions say "Type 'forrest run' in this top-level directory." and "Simply type 'forrest'
in this top-level directory." But which directory? No documentation appears and there is no
working webapp if I do this in the forrest/ directory.

Since the previous instructions included "cd main" maybe it means forrest/main? Or whatabout
FORREST_HOME/bin? But they doesn't seem to work either...

Charles Palmer