Thanks for the quick response, but this is a bit cryptic -- I did try a search but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org>

11/03/2004 10:19 AM
Please respond to
user@forrest.apache.org

forrest user <user@forrest.apache.org>
cc
Subject
Re: two general questions

El mié, 03-11-2004 a las 16:04, peter.dykstra@donovandata.com escribió:
> I'm a publications director looking for content management strategies
> and have been having a lot of fun exploring Forrest -- personally I
> think it's a great advance. Thanks and congratulations to everyone
> who's helped (and is continuing to help) make it happen!

Cheers. :)

> Two general questions:
>
> 1. Is there a way to use Forrest to publish a set of files that live
> in a separate place outside of Forrest? The forrest.properties file
> lets me change the directory names and structure, but only within the
> current 'forrest.home' context.  The cocoon.xconf settings let me
> override that and point to any location, but then I'm probably
> breaking lots of Forrest functions like search and site links.  Is
> there a safe, sanctioned way to keep my content repository in a whole
> separate place, even on a separate server, from the rest of a projects
> files?  I'm figuring others may have run into this question, since
> this is a central principle behind Cocoon.

Search this list and the dev for "IMSManifest".

> 2. Where's the best place to direct questions about specific skins?
> I've been having a problem with the Tigris skin and have sent two
> notes about it over the last month or two which no one seems to have
> picked up on.  If it appears to be a bug, for example, should I be
> sending to a separate list?

This is the right list for asking thus question. BTW Tigris will not be
supported in future releases of forrest.

HTH
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"