forrest-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 18:29:53 GMT
Thanks for looking at my issues.

I have to focus on client work for a little bit.

I created a wiki page to describe the Tapestry build a little better:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/BuildingTapestry31



On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:26:25 -0500, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
> You need to create a build.properties file in jakarta-tapestry/config.
> 
> It should have hivebuild.dir=full path to jakarta-hivemind/hivebuild
> 
> So you need jakarta-hivemind as well as jakarta-tapestry
> 
> The Users Guide is the only problem, currently.
> 
> The issue is that UsersGuide/index.html is exactly the same as /index.html.
> 
> I've been down the road on xml element names, I'll try again shortly.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 02:09:32 +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi
> <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
> > Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> > > Now I'm trying to get the Tapestry site working with Forrest 0.6.
> > >
> > > I'm httting the same problem with my navigation that I did with
> > > HiveMind.  On *some* tabs, the index.html within a particular
> > > directory is a verbatim copy of the root index.html (which means it
> > > not only has the wrong content, but has bad relative links to
> > > styesheets and images).
> >
> > I'm having a hard time trying to replicate things here, as the Tapestry
> > docs are assembled during the build, and ant complains it cannot find
> > ${hivebuild.dir}/project.xml.
> >
> > Any tips?
> >
> > > I've put up a version of the resulting site at
> > > http://jakarta.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry
> >
> > So the problem there is with the Users Guide tab?
> >
> > I have done a 'forrest run' in the main jakarta-tapestry dir and the
> > site, albeit partial, seems to work, with the Users Guide showing.
> >
> > Try doing a 'forrest run' on the assembled website and see if it works ok.
> >
> > Also try giving a different name to all xml elements, as the resolution
> > is done also with some wildcard xpaths.
> >
> > --
> > Nicola Ken Barozzi                   nicolaken@apache.org
> >              - verba volant, scripta manent -
> >     (discussions get forgotten, just code remains)
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >
> 
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
> http://howardlewisship.com
> 


-- 
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
http://howardlewisship.com

Mime
View raw message