forrest-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:26:25 GMT
You need to create a build.properties file in jakarta-tapestry/config.

It should have hivebuild.dir=full path to jakarta-hivemind/hivebuild

So you need jakarta-hivemind as well as jakarta-tapestry

The Users Guide is the only problem, currently.

The issue is that UsersGuide/index.html is exactly the same as /index.html.

I've been down the road on xml element names, I'll try again shortly.

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 02:09:32 +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi
<nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> > Now I'm trying to get the Tapestry site working with Forrest 0.6.
> >
> > I'm httting the same problem with my navigation that I did with
> > HiveMind.  On *some* tabs, the index.html within a particular
> > directory is a verbatim copy of the root index.html (which means it
> > not only has the wrong content, but has bad relative links to
> > styesheets and images).
>
> I'm having a hard time trying to replicate things here, as the Tapestry
> docs are assembled during the build, and ant complains it cannot find
> ${hivebuild.dir}/project.xml.
>
> Any tips?
>
> > I've put up a version of the resulting site at
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry
>
> So the problem there is with the Users Guide tab?
>
> I have done a 'forrest run' in the main jakarta-tapestry dir and the
> site, albeit partial, seems to work, with the Users Guide showing.
>
> Try doing a 'forrest run' on the assembled website and see if it works ok.
>
> Also try giving a different name to all xml elements, as the resolution
> is done also with some wildcard xpaths.
>
> --

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry