forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Glen Tulukin" <g...@iteclectic.com>
Subject Re: commercial Forrest skins?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:22:23 GMT
I am not a frequent visitor of this forum and thus I do not know the "common
denominator" opinion but I think it's wrong that you restrict Forrest to the
purpose of documentation generation only.

I use Forrest for production web site generation -- I do it for my client.
Client submits me xml file they edit in the XML Spy with linked
document-v12.dtd and a freelancer/web designer updates css from time to
time. I regenerate site and ftp it to ISP. I know that some other people I
met at local XML group do more or less the same. I had to clean-up Forrest
xslt's to make them more Internet-oriented as opposite to be
documentation-oriented. Namely, use DIV instead of tables, remove comments,
have separate windows title and document title, introduce keywords and
provide report how many times they used and in which paragraph (search
engines savvy) -- just to name few things from the big list you can find on
a good search-engine optimization web site...

Glen