forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: modifying the css for forrest
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:46:59 GMT
Ross Gardler escribió:
> Linda Rose wrote:
>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org>
>>
>>> You are /almost/ getting the hang of it. You found the right file,
>>> but you are editing the wrong copy - this one will get overwritten
>>> whenever you upgrade Forrest.
>>>
>>> See my other reply to Clays post with details of where you can safely
>>> configure your look and feel.
>>>
>>> Ross
>>>
>> Hi Ross,
>>
>> As per the instructions, I copied the pelt skins to
>> myproject/src/documentation/skins/mypelt and modified the line in
>> forrest.properties project.skin=src/documentation/skins/mypelt.
>

> That should be just "mypelt".
>
> Note, if you are only changing the CSS then you do not really need to do
> this, it is only if you wnat to do some configuration that cannot be
> done in skinconf.xml. If you do go this route you should also copy the
> common skin accross to your skins directory, this prevents version
> conflicts with later versions of Forrest.

Yeah, but IMO Linda *should* firstly use <extra-css/> in the skinconf.xml.

Linda, there you can place your personal css-elements.
Just open a your page in a html-editor and look for the elements name of
the things you want to change.

> If you do find you want to do things that can't be done in skinconf.xml
> please put a feature request on the issue tracker. Some of our devs are
> designing an improvement to the skin system at the moment and your input
> would be very helpful.
>

> Ross

Yeah, I will install all features of *pelt* into *leather*.
If I have the files open I can implement new features (if easy to
implement) on the fly. ;-)

What do you actually want to change?

--
thorsten