forrest-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:41:27 GMT

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> Again, the key problem is that UserGuide/index.html is just wrong.
> The rest of the site is fine.

Then we still have a problem, because I'm not seeing your issue here 8-)

This is what I have done:

I have SVN forrest at

   C:\Documents and Settings\barozzink\My Documents\My Workspace\forrest

gotten from

   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk

I have set FORREST_HOME to that exact dir (yes, we have changed it) and
added %FORREST_HOME%\bin to the PATH.

I've downloaded

   http://howardlewisship.com/downloads/tapsnap.jar

and expanded it in

   C:\Documents and Settings\barozzink\Desktop\tapsnap\**

I've added

   C:\Documents and Settings\barozzink\Desktop\tapsnap\forrest.properties

with the exact contents you have indicated in your mail:

<hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Updated my forrest.properties to:
>>
>> project.name=Tapestry
>>
>> forrest.echo=on project.debuglevel=DEBUG
>>
>> project.bugtracking-url=http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/
>>
>> project.configfile=${project.home}/src/documentation/conf/cli.xconf
>>

>> project.build-dir=${project.home}/target/forrest
>> project.site-dir=${project.home}/target/docs
>> project.temp-dir=${project.home}/target/forrest
>> project.content-dir=target/forrest-composite

I have also added a vanilla status.xml file in

   C:\Documents and Settings\barozzink\Desktop\tapsnap\status.xml

After deleting

   C:\Documents and Settings\barozzink\Desktop\tapsnap\target\docs
   C:\Documents and Settings\barozzink\Desktop\tapsnap\target\forrest

I do

  cd C:\Documents and Settings\barozzink\Desktop\tapsnap\
  forrest run

I launch Firefox and point it to

   http://localhost:8888/

I can see the whole site, and the middle tab is working.

I hit ctrl-c and terminate the webserver.

Then I do

   forrest site

and the site is generated.

Then I load this into FireFox:

file:///c:/Documents%20and%20Settings/barozzink/Desktop/tapsnap/target/docs/UsersGuide/index.html

and I still see everything ok.

Maybe you can try doing the above steps and also trying them with
forrest-0.6. I will eventually try it tomorrow with 0.6, where I have a
better connection to download the beast ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -