forrest-user mailing list archives

From peter.dyks...@donovandata.com
Subject two general questions
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:04:20 GMT
I'm a publications director looking for content management strategies and
have been having a lot of fun exploring Forrest -- personally I think it's
a great advance. Thanks and congratulations to everyone who's helped (and
is continuing to help) make it happen!

Two general questions:

1. Is there a way to use Forrest to publish a set of files that live in a
separate place outside of Forrest? The forrest.properties file lets me
change the directory names and structure, but only within the current
'forrest.home' context.  The cocoon.xconf settings let me override that
and point to any location, but then I'm probably breaking lots of Forrest
functions like search and site links.  Is there a safe, sanctioned way to
keep my content repository in a whole separate place, even on a separate
server, from the rest of a projects files?  I'm figuring others may have
run into this question, since this is a central principle behind Cocoon.

2. Where's the best place to direct questions about specific skins?  I've
been having a problem with the Tigris skin and have sent two notes about
it over the last month or two which no one seems to have picked up on.  If
it appears to be a bug, for example, should I be sending to a separate
list?

Thanks in advance for any advice/direction!