forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: two general questions
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:36:34 GMT
On Nov 3, 2004, at 9:22 AM, peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response, but this is a bit cryptic -- I did try
> a search but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

<snip>

>  > Two general questions:
>  >
>  > 1. Is there a way to use Forrest to publish a set of files that live
>  > in a separate place outside of Forrest? The forrest.properties file
>  > lets me change the directory names and structure, but only within
> the
>  > current 'forrest.home' context.  The cocoon.xconf settings let me
>  > override that and point to any location, but then I'm probably
>  > breaking lots of Forrest functions like search and site links.  Is
>  > there a safe, sanctioned way to keep my content repository in a
> whole
>  > separate place, even on a separate server, from the rest of a
> projects
>  > files?  I'm figuring others may have run into this question, since
>  > this is a central principle behind Cocoon.
>  >

>  Search this list and the dev for "IMSManifest".

The Forrest Mailing Lists page[1] contains links to the
user@forrest.apache.org[2] and the dev@forrest.apache.org[3] mailing
list archives. Follow the links click 'Search list" and search for
"IMSManifest". I suspect [3] will probably yield more information,
although [2] might yield information which is user-specific (i.e., more
relevant to users like me and you).

HTH!

[1] Forrest Mailing Lists
http://forrest.apache.org/mail-lists.html