forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Propose: Extending HowTo-Style and a question
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:25:40 GMT
On Nov 5, 2004, at 8:08 AM, David Crossley wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>>   writing my howto I found two things that imho could be improved in
>>   the dtd.
>>
>>   1. The dtd currently does not accept class attributes. I can't see
>>      why class is allowed in simple documents but not here and I'd
>>      like to extend that.
>>      Btw: Even though it is illegal to use, my class attributes
>>      somehow make it into the finished page. Does that mean, that
>>      Forrest tests dtd-conformity but ignores the result?
>
> Are you using the "document-v20" type? There is a class
> attribute on every element.

The !DOCTYPE for the how-to used was:

<!DOCTYPE howto PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD How-to V1.2//EN"
"http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/howto-v12.dtd">

I glanced at that and thought... "Hmmm... I wonder why he didn't use
howto-v20?" and then made my changes to improve on Ferdinand's already
very good English. I didn't stop to look to see if there's a
howto-v20.dtd...

I just attached a new version which is howto-v20.dtd compliant
"howto-corner-images_v20.xml" (forgive the extra upload). I wish I
could delete my two previous versions... (the howto-v12.dtd & the
un-name-changed howto-v20.dtd version)

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>