forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: Propose: Extending HowTo-Style and a question
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:15:33 GMT

On Nov 5, 2004, at 8:48 AM, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> On Nov 5, 2004, at 8:08 AM, David Crossley wrote:
>> On Nov 5, 2004, at 7:50 AM, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>>>   writing my howto I found two things that imho could be improved in
>>>   the dtd.
>>>   1. The dtd currently does not accept class attributes. I can't see
>>>      why class is allowed in simple documents but not here and I'd
>>>      like to extend that.
>>>      Btw: Even though it is illegal to use, my class attributes
>>>      somehow make it into the finished page. Does that mean, that
>>>      Forrest tests dtd-conformity but ignores the result?
>
> DC> Are you using the "document-v20" type? There is a class
> DC> attribute on every element.
>
> True. I reassigned the -//APACHE//DTD How-to V2.0//EN dtd to the
> document and now class is legal. So the problem seems to be some
> caching error with eclipse and xmlbuddy.
>
> Sorry about this. Never trust your tools ;-)
>
> Thanks for pointing that out.
> Ferdinand

BTW, this page[1] includes information about the changes from:
- doc-v11 to doc-v12
- doc-v12 to doc-v13
- doc-v13 to doc-v20

...including this bit between doc-v12 to doc-v13:
All v1.2 docs will work fine as v1.3 DTD. The main change is the
addition of a @class attribute to every element, which enables the
"extra-css" section in the skinconf to be put to good use.

[1]
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/document-v20.html#changes-20

Web Maestro Clay
--