forrest-user mailing list archives

From Arnaud Sahuguet <arnaud.sahug...@gmail.com>
Subject using Forrest styles to generate standalone documents
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:56:28 GMT
Hi,

I am looking at a simple and elegant way to generate memos, how-tos,
etc. I am already using Forrest for some web sites.

But I also want to be able to generate "standalone documents" (HTML or
PDF). I also want people who are not using Forrest to be able to
author such documents and provide them with the xml template and a
command line tool to generate the final document.

For me options are:
- docBook
- aurigaDoc
- Forrest

Since I am already using Forrest and that some of the documents will
ultimately end up in the my Forrest sites, I would rather go with
Forrest.

I have tried to use the Forrest stylesheets with Apache FOP. After
some tweaking (adding in the original document some skinconfig info,
etc.), FOP still complains about "flow must be child of page-sequence,
not fo:block", I cannot find a way to solve the problem.

Here are my 2 questions:
- what is the best way to generate "standalone documents" using Forrest?
- if using FOP, how do I solve the flow problem?

regards,

Arnaud