forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject When will images get copied?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:35:09 GMT

Forrest documentation says at
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#images:

> Images
>
> Images usually go in src/documentation/resources/images/ The default
> sitemap maps this directory to images/, so image tags will typically
> look like <figure src="images/project-logo.png" alt="Project Logo"/>

After a couple of confusing results, I finally did some systematic
testing on 0.7 and found the following to be true:

Image that is not references in parsed pages
source-directory                                  is copied?
src\documentation\resources\images                   No
src\documentation\content\xdocs\images               No
src\documentation\content\images                     Yes
Image that is references in parsed pages
source-directory                                  is copied?
src\documentation\resources\images                   No
src\documentation\content\xdocs\images               Yes
src\documentation\content\images                     Yes

I think this is really important to understand because the placesment
of logos in xdocs\images suggests that this a good place for other
icons and logos as well.

However when files are only referenced in stylesheets (that are not
parsed), they will not get copied unless they are put into
\content\images.

Now before I spend any more time on documenting this, I'd like to
know, if this is the way it should work and if there are other facts
that should be mentioned?

Thanks for your input,

--
Ferdinand Soethe