forrest-user mailing list archives

From Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: WYSIWYG testing of new CSS-settings on your Forrest-site with FireFox and EditCSS
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:52:08 GMT
På 5. nov. 2004 kl. 09.24 skrev Ferdinand Soethe:

> 1. Now open your Forrest site in Forefox
> 2. Select menu item View-Sidebar-EditCSS
> 3. Select Action-Reload from Sidebar Menu
>
> The sidebar will now show the currently used stylesheet for your
> Forrest-page. Any change to the styles will immediately show in the
> Forrest-page.

Beautiful!!

I just tried it to fix a glitch in the menu, and in seconds I had found
the right place to edit, and the right value. This without really
knowing the details and structure of the CSSs!

Impressed - Thank you!

Small note to others that want to try this:

Don't install the package JSLib, as suggested on
<http://editcss.mozdev.org/installation.html>, as EditCSS won't work
properly, at least on MacOS X. It displays everything just fine, but it
is not possible to edit the CSS anymore.

Sjur