forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: modifying the css for forrest
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:44:11 GMT
On Nov 4, 2004, at 12:04 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Linda Rose wrote:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ross Gardler"
>> <rgardler@apache.org>
>>> You are /almost/ getting the hang of it. You found the right file,
>>> but you are editing the wrong copy - this one will get overwritten
>>> whenever you upgrade Forrest.
>>>
>>> See my other reply to Clays post with details of where you can
>>> safely configure your look and feel.
>>>
>>> Ross
>> Hi Ross,
>> As per the instructions, I copied the pelt skins to
>> myproject/src/documentation/skins/mypelt and modified the line in
>> forrest.properties project.skin=src/documentation/skins/mypelt.
>
> That should be just "mypelt".

I'm pretty sure Ross meant that the line in forrest.properties should
be just:

project.skin=mypelt

<rant>
I get confused in the Forrest docs where assumptions are made by the
author, and I just don't get it. It's particularly frustrating, when
I'm close to a solution, but the amount of time to resolve a problem is
exacerbated by little assumptions like this, coupled with work weeks
and time zones.

One of my goals is to improve FOPs documentation (and Forrest's as I
slog through the process of getting FOP's docs back online!) so that
newbies like myself don't have to deal with silly frustrations like
this. IMO, documentation should not skimp on examples. Rather, they
should almost go out of their way to be verbose.
</rant>

NOTE: The above rant wasn't directed 'at' Ross (or anyone in
particular). ;-)

Web Maestro Clay

--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>