forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: corner-images SVG generation under JDK1.5
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:36:15 GMT
On Nov 19, 2004, at 11:05 AM, Arik Kfir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think corner-images SVGs generation under jdk1.5 is broken in
> forrest 0.6. I can't get any skin's corner images (those that surround
> the menus to make the menu-section look round..) generated under winxp
> using Sun jdk1.5.0 - can anyone try it and validate if it's really
> broken or is it just me? They work on the same machine using
> jdk1.4.2_06
>
> when I dig a bit deeper I see exceptions in the "logs" directory that
> are related to the XSL transformer. Since jdk1.5 moved from crimson to
> xerces, and also added XSLT I guess it might have something to do with
> it.
>
> peace

The following information was posted by me to BATIK-USERS yesterday.
Unfortunately, I cannot access the mailing list archives to provide a
link so I am including that portion of the response below. I hope this
is useful.

Web Maestro Clay

=======

One thing we've noticed (FOP-USER mailing list[1]), is that there's are
changes in the way Xalan is called:

On Oct 29, 2004, at 6:19 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> In the past, I've written a number of Xalan-J extension, one of them
> the
> Xalan extension of Barcode4J. Standing just before the 1.0 release of
> Barcode4J (finally, sigh) I checked the whole thing with JDK 5.0 and,
> d'oh, the Xalan extension doesn't work. Xalan-J can't compile my
> stylesheet because the XSLT compiler doesn't find
> org.apache.xalan.extensions.XSLTProcessorContext which I use in the
> extension. That's because this class in now at
> com.sun.org.apache.xalan.extensions.XSLTProcessorContext.
>
> The work-around is the same I gave Chris Pratt earlier. Put the latest
> (original) Xalan-J release in the <YOUR_JAVA5_HOME>/jre/lib/endorsed
> directory to ensure the original Xalan-J is used.

I suspect there may be other changes like this, but it's mind-boggling
to me that someone (Sun?) would make such a change.

[1]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=109905600130397&w=2

Hope this information is useful...

Web Maestro Clay