forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commercial Forrest skins?
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:35:20 GMT

peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:

>  > Thortsten Scherler wrote
>
>  > <snip>
>  > Yeah, we will drop the concept of skins in 0.7 and introduce
>  > forrest:templates (a new templating language).
>  > </snip>
>
> While I love templates and so would applaud the introduction of any new
> templating language, I am curious why this would replace skins.
>  Normally I would have thought these are different and complementary
> concepts -- templates having more to do with the content and structure
> of information (within pages, say, or of a navigational scheme) and
> skins with, well, the skin.
>
> Has any more been written or is there an ongoing discussion about this?
>  I might like to participate, if there's that opportunity.

The dev list is the place for developer discussion. Please do join us.
There has been plenty of discussion already and is available in the
archives. At this stage Thorsten is playing with an implementation to
check that the ideas work and to give us some code to actually comment on.

Join the dev list, read the archive discussions to get up to scratch,
take a look at the org.apache.forrest.plugin.fbits in SVN and let us
have your thoughts/contributions.

Ross