forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to pass parameter to .xsl file of <map:> construct?
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:24:33 GMT
Bhatia Praveen, HCLT-Japan wrote:
> Dave,
>    What I would like to do is to have a parameter in the
> parameterizedfile.xsl like
>     <xsl:param name="level">
>
>     When i pass through the <map: > construct I want to be able to do the
> following:
>
>     apply parameterizedfile.xsl with param level=4

As Dave said, looking through the xmap files that come with Forrest is a
good way to find out how to do things, there are lots of examples of how
to do exactly what you want to do:

<map:transform
   src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/parameterizedfile.xsl">

   <map:parameter name="level" value="4"/>
</map:transform>

There is also (again, as Dave said), lots of documentation in cocoon
(linked from our own sitemap documentation).

Ross