forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugin downloading problems
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:20:55 GMT
Springer, Ian P. wrote:
> I had the same problem. In http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/plugins.xml, the url attribs
for several of the plugins are incorrectly set to "http://www.apache.org/plugins/" instead
of "http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/".

It is fixed now, and the problem you identify was the correct one :-)

In the future, if you spot an error like this, please notify us via the
lists so that we can fix it ASAP (in fact in this case you could have
provided a patch via our Issue tracker since you'd spent the time
identifying the problem).

Something worth noting if you are using 0.7-dev - you have many of the
plugins as part of your installation anyway. You can avoid the need to
download them (and therefore workaround problems like this one) by
cd'ing into FORREST/plugins/PLUGINNAME and typing "ant local-deploy".

In a future version of Forrest there will be no need to deploy locally
as Forrest will use the plugin source in-place.

Ross