forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6 (to 0.7)
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:55:00 GMT
Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> Have finally resolved my major problems ... but it required operating
> against the very lastest SVN snapshot (of 0.7.-dev).

Hooray!

Take note of the SVN revision number of Forrest
so that you have a working version.

> Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Worked at ApacheCon with a gentleman whose name escapes me (sorry! no
>>sleep!)

That was me. It was a pleasure to work with
the patient Howard to *try* to resolve these
strange issues.

>>and what we found is that we were getting correct results
>>using "forrest run" to generate each page on the fly, and incorrect
>>results using just forrest to generate the static version.
>>
>>That's extra painful!
>>
>>What kind of differences could be introduced in cocoon's command line
>>interface that could account for these differences?

Good question. It is something to do with processing
"index.html" in sub-directories. Strange, our own
Forrest website does not have such problems and no
other user has reported the same issues. I will try
to make time to get the Tapestry project's site.xml
and tabs.xml to determine what our (Forrest/Cocoon)
problem is.

Anyway, thankfully you can proceed now.

--David