forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: activating text-output plugin?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:28:07 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:08:36 +0000, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Diwaker Gupta wrote:
>>
>>>I've added text-output to my forrest.properties in the
>>>project.required.plugins property. But how do I actually activate it?
>>
>>As a user that is all you have to do for released plugins. However, the
>>text-output plugin has not been "released" yet, this means Forrest
>>cannot authomatically install it for you.
>>
>>Since you have the text-output plugin you must be working with SVN so
>>you can deploy it locally so that Forrest knows what to do. Simply cd
>>into forrest/plugins directory then run
>>
>>ant local-deploy
>>
>>you will be asked for the name of the plugin, enter text-output
>>
>>You can veryify it is installed correctly with:
>>
>>cd text-output
>>forrest run
>>http://localhost:8888/index.txt
>

> I did both of those steps, and indeed inside the text-output
> directory, the text files are duly generated. The problem is that a
> forrest seed in *my* project directory (with the required plugins set
> to text-output) doesn't generate any text files. Sorry if I wasn't
> clear earlier.

I just tried it with no problem on one of my projects with no problem.

ensure that you have no spaces in your project.requried.plugins property

If you have no spaces then I need to know what is happening look in the
output of your forrest run for "Installing plugin: text-output" and copy
what follows to an email
  (copy up to the next "configure:plugin" entry)

I'm off for a pint now - will address this tomorrow if you have not
resolved it.

Ross