forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: docbook in forrest
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:39:34 GMT
Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is forrest as able dealing with the docbook DTD as is with the
> document-v12 DTD ?

The answer is yes, and no...

> Getting to the point: will it be a lot of hard work if I want to
> generate docbook based documents using forrest ?
>
> (sorry about my short knowledge of the matter; I'm running forrest
> 0.5.1)

Forrest 0.5.1 and up do include basic support for Docbook, however, not
all tags are supported.

In Forrest 0.7 this functionality has been moved out into a plugin and
we intend to create a plugin that provides much more comprehensive
coverage (in fact the plan is to use docbooks own XSL for this). In the
meantime, you can certainly use and enhance the basic support already
present in either 0.5, 0.6 or 0.7 (plugin in the case of 0.7).

The transformation from docbook to document-v12 is done by the XSL file
resources/stylesheets/docbook2document.xsl.

Please be sure to submit any patches you create to our issue tracker so
we can include them in future releases.

I would strongly recomend that you upgrade to 0.7 if you want to use
docbook, this is an area receiving quite a bit of attention.

Ross