forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: docbook in forrest
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:32:27 GMT
Hi!

Best you update to a current version, I don't know about 0.5.

We have done a project with the support Forrest offers for
docbook and the answer is: yes, it works. But. Forrest has
limited support for sDocBook, i.e. some (not all) element
from simplified DocBook are translated "correctly" into
Forrest's document format. There is a sample document
for DocBook when you do 'forrest seed' with the current
version that shows what is possible and what not.

I think I read in some mail that someone is working on a
plugin for better DocBook support ... is this right?

Cheers
Johannes

Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Is forrest as able dealing with the docbook DTD as is with the
>document-v12 DTD ?
>
>I don't have deep knowledge of exactly how forrest works, but...
>
>... if, for example, I replace the contents of
>./xdocs/samples/sample.xml with a docbook document (instead of a
>document-v12), will it generate the HTML and the PDF correctly ? This is
>related to the existence of the apropriate xslt's isn't it ?
>
>Getting to the point: will it be a lot of hard work if I want to
>generate docbook based documents using forrest ?
>
>(sorry about my short knowledge of the matter; I'm running forrest
>0.5.1)
>
>thanks
>
>jmf

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de

Attraktivität von interaktiven Produkten messen mit
www.attrakdiff.de