forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When will images get copied?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:22:50 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Forrest documentation says at
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#images:
>

>>Images
>>
>>Images usually go in src/documentation/resources/images/ The default
>>sitemap maps this directory to images/, so image tags will typically
>>look like <figure src="images/project-logo.png" alt="Project Logo"/>
>

> After a couple of confusing results, I finally did some systematic
> testing on 0.7 and found the following to be true:

> Image that is not references in parsed pages
> source-directory                                  is copied?
> src\documentation\resources\images                   No
> src\documentation\content\xdocs\images               No
> src\documentation\content\images                     Yes
> Image that is references in parsed pages
> source-directory                                  is copied?
> src\documentation\resources\images                   No
> src\documentation\content\xdocs\images               Yes
> src\documentation\content\images                     Yes
>
> I think this is really important to understand because the placesment
> of logos in xdocs\images suggests that this a good place for other
> icons and logos as well.
>
> However when files are only referenced in stylesheets (that are not
> parsed), they will not get copied unless they are put into
> \content\images.
>
> Now before I spend any more time on documenting this, I'd like to
> know, if this is the way it should work and if there are other facts
> that should be mentioned?

I suspect this is what is happening in
http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-341 (plugin resources not being
copied). In this bug resources such as javascripts are not being copied
across from plugins when doing a static build.

I've not looked into it in detail yet, but it can be seen in the
htmlArea plugin (not in SVN yet as I have to create a way of bundling
htmlArea in a way that is respectful to their license - easy to do since
it is BSD, but I can't just drop it in SVN).

Ross