forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: named anchors in html docs
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:56:33 GMT
Linda Rose wrote:
> I have an html source file with links to named anchors. When I convert
> it using Forrest, the named anchors seemed to be stripped out, see
> http://www.alexandria.ucsb.edu/adl/docs_software/site/devguide/SBD.html
> and scroll down to the Geographic locations link. It's suppose to link
> to a named anchor further down in the file. Is there a better way to
> create links within a file?

Looking at that the source of that document I see that the link is
marked up as:

whilst the intended destination of the link is:

<a name="adl%3Ageographic+locations"></a>
<h3 class="underlined_5">adl:geographic locations</h3>

What appears is happening is Forrest is rewriting the anchor name for
use in the  table of contents, thus breaking your original link. This is
a bug (probably in html2document.xsl), please submit it to the issue
tracker and if you patch the file please add the patch to the issue too.

Ross