forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Footnote support
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:44:28 GMT
Stefano Mancarella wrote:
> Which is the best DTD to use to get a decent footnote support in Forrest
> (in both HTML and PDF representation)?

As far as I know, footnotes are not supported directly. What I would
suggest you do is below, but be warned - I have not tested this, let us
know how it goes:

<a name="footnote1" class="footnote-target">1</a>

----

Then in your CSS you need to define the class for footnotes.

The drawback with this is that you have to define the footnote numbers
yourself, this would be a pain in anything but trivial docs. So, unless
you get another suggestion from someone else which is better add a
request to our issue tracker to add this feature to the skin - better
still, add it yourself and submit a patch (we'll help on the dev list if
you want to tackle this).

Ross