forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improving documentation - you can help!
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 00:03:09 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> Ross Gardler said:

<snip/>

>>That being said, our docs *do* need improvement. The problem is that the
>>people working on the code are doing so on a voluntary basis, we don't
>>get paid (at least not directly) for this work, and we certainly don't
>>get paid to write documentation. It is a common problem for Open source
>>projects, but you, as users, can help (read on).
>

> And for that, I thank you. I apologize for the tone of my message (I guess
> it's never really a good idea to prefix something with <rant> ;-)). I
> guess I could just continue along <quietly/> contributing little PATCHes
> here and there (as I've started doing over the last few days...).

Yes, you have started contributing patches (actually you have been doing
for a long time, and you have also been active on the lists for a long
time - also a contribution to Forrest). I simply replied in order to say
that others can do it too.

Please *don't* continue quietly, by saying what needs to be done you
make us *all* aware. People often want to help but don't know how. Your
rant pointed out one way *everyone* can help.

Ross