forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: modifying the css for forrest
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:04:59 GMT
Linda Rose wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org>
>
>> You are /almost/ getting the hang of it. You found the right file, but
>> you are editing the wrong copy - this one will get overwritten
>> whenever you upgrade Forrest.
>>
>> See my other reply to Clays post with details of where you can safely
>> configure your look and feel.
>>
>> Ross
>>
> Hi Ross,
>
> As per the instructions, I copied the pelt skins to
> myproject/src/documentation/skins/mypelt and modified the line in
> forrest.properties project.skin=src/documentation/skins/mypelt.

That should be just "mypelt".

Note, if you are only changing the CSS then you do not really need to do
this, it is only if you wnat to do some configuration that cannot be
done in skinconf.xml. If you do go this route you should also copy the
common skin accross to your skins directory, this prevents version
conflicts with later versions of Forrest.

If you do find you want to do things that can't be done in skinconf.xml
please put a feature request on the issue tracker. Some of our devs are
designing an improvement to the skin system at the moment and your input
would be very helpful.

Ross