forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: two general questions
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 01:05:49 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:
>

>> 1) I just mean there's a mapped drive from the Tomcat server (a mount
>> point actually) which I can specify so that so apps running under
>> Tomcat can read files from the other server.
>

> Ok, so you just want to pull content from a different location, not a
> different format.  IIUC, IMSManifest is about having your sources in a
> different format, not a different location.

No, it is a different location.

I think the misunderstanding is that the IMSManifest plugin replaces the
site.xml and tabs.xml format with the IMS Manifest format as well as
adding repository functionality. This plugin does not do *exactly* what
you want to do, it allows whole subsites to be pulled from another
location. At present there is no way of retrieving individual documents,
this is on my todo list, but when I will find time I'm not sure...

Now that I think about it, it would probably be more appropriate to
write a small custom sitemap for your project. A few questions first:

1) what format are your source files in
2) what protocol would you use to retrieve them?
3) what output formats do you want to support.

Ross