forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: two general questions
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:28:14 GMT
peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:

> 1) I just mean there's a mapped drive from the Tomcat server (a mount
> point actually) which I can specify so that so apps running under Tomcat
> can read files from the other server.

Ok, so you just want to pull content from a different location, not a
different format.  IIUC, IMSManifest is about having your sources in a
different format, not a different location.

> 2) yes, forrest.properties lets me change directories, but only (as far
> as I can tell) within the current Forrest project.  If I put an absolute
> path to an xdocs directory on another server, Forrest appends it to the
> current context path and I get an error.

I think it is a required part of webapps that they cannot access things
outside their context path.  You can try using ../../../path/to/files
though.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming