forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: commercial Forrest skins?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:42:18 GMT
Hi Thomas,

I saw the files you post and I think we are mixing targets. AFAIK, Forrest
is a documentation tool and the sites you sent are more portal sites.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

<cita quién="THOMAS BENOIT">
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>> whether there
>> community>>think? Thanks.
>> >>

>> > IMO no because we are still < 1.0. As well we are talking about
introducing the new concept of views/themes that will be second
generation skining for 0.7. That means mayor changes in how to
>> create> the design for forrest. I reckon if we are fast enough the skin
concept
>> > will no be in 0.7 anymore.
>> >
>> > BTW I would like to see designer and graphic artist providing
>> themes for
>> > the new views in the future *free of charge* to give something
>> back to
>> > forrest. I personally would not *buy* a view and theme.
>>
>> And in the process be one of the first to understand the new theme +
>> view concept and therefore be first to the market that *may*
>> emerge
>> (don't forget the ASF license is commercial friendly).
>>
>> > I think that we need more designer and graphic artist as
>> developer here
>> > in forrest. Please let your friends know that there are here very
welcome. ;-)

>> +10000
>>
>> Ross
>>

> I don't think that commercial skins is an interesting concept.
> Graphic/Web designers prefer to work with clients and do something
specific for him or her. Therefore commercial skins would not work.

> Though they are not bad, it would be very nice to improve the quality of
the default skins!!
> The page template and the css could be improved to be more W3C
> compliant, etc, but it is not a big deal. Beside the layout could be
improved, though it is, according to me, already pretty good.
> What I would like to see is CSS which are easy and fast to customize.
Futhermore I would like to see XSLT code which is easier to customize,
though it is not bad, don't get me wrong ;). The goal would be that Web
designer use XSLT to create more dynamic pages with modular information,
like text boxes for instance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page ,
http://www.k10k.net/ , http://www.fdtdesign.com/.) However, two level of
XSLT code are already differentiated; XSLT code that you can change and
the one your are not supposed to, I like this idea.
> So my moto is more flexibility for CSS and XSLT code.
> Where can I have more information about the views/themes concepts? Thank
you.