forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: WYSIWYG testing of new CSS-settings on your Forrest-site with FireFox and EditCSS
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:24:40 GMT
On Nov 5, 2004, at 1:52 AM, Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen wrote:
> På 5. nov. 2004 kl. 09.24 skrev Ferdinand Soethe:
>> 1. Now open your Forrest site in Forefox
>> 2. Select menu item View-Sidebar-EditCSS
>> 3. Select Action-Reload from Sidebar Menu
>>
>> The sidebar will now show the currently used stylesheet for your
>> Forrest-page. Any change to the styles will immediately show in the
>> Forrest-page.
>
> Beautiful!!

Thank you very much! Nice! Powerful good stuff!

> I just tried it to fix a glitch in the menu, and in seconds I had
> found the right place to edit, and the right value. This without
> really knowing the details and structure of the CSSs!
>
> Impressed - Thank you!
>
> Small note to others that want to try this:
>
> Don't install the package JSLib, as suggested on
> <http://editcss.mozdev.org/installation.html>, as EditCSS won't work
> properly, at least on MacOS X. It displays everything just fine, but
> it is not possible to edit the CSS anymore.
>
> Sjur

Actually, I found that I can have JSLib installed under Mac OS X 10.3.5
*if* I have the excellent Web Developer extension[1] installed. However
the Web Developer extension moves this to:
Tools > Web Developer > CSS > Edit CSS [Cmd]+[Shift]+[E].

(Actually, since Web Developer is installed, even without JSLib, this
function is moved to the WD's CSS menu...).

[OT - Mozilla/Mozilla Firefox Web Developer Extension]
FYI, the Web Developer extension brings to a click or two:
- Powerful CSS  Features
     * Add a style sheet from your machine to a web page...
     * Make live edits to the CSS of a web page...
     * View the style information for a page element by clicking on the
element...
- Multiple Validation Options (CSS, HTML, Links, 508, WAI, Custom)
- Javascript reSize
- turn ON/OFF CSS, images, borders (for images|divs|tables)

It's *very* powerful, and 0.8 works with 1.0RC2... I am not affiliated
in any way... I just love it!

[1] Web Developer
https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=60&vid=645

Web Maestro Clay