forrest-user mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: activating text-output plugin?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:51:22 GMT
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:08:36 +0000, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
> Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> > I've added text-output to my forrest.properties in the
> > project.required.plugins property. But how do I actually activate it?
>
> As a user that is all you have to do for released plugins. However, the
> text-output plugin has not been "released" yet, this means Forrest
> cannot authomatically install it for you.
>
> Since you have the text-output plugin you must be working with SVN so
> you can deploy it locally so that Forrest knows what to do. Simply cd
> into forrest/plugins directory then run
>
> ant local-deploy
>
> you will be asked for the name of the plugin, enter text-output
>
> You can veryify it is installed correctly with:
>
> cd text-output
> forrest run
> http://localhost:8888/index.txt

I did both of those steps, and indeed inside the text-output
directory, the text files are duly generated. The problem is that a
forrest seed in *my* project directory (with the required plugins set
to text-output) doesn't generate any text files. Sorry if I wasn't
clear earlier.

--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker