forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Strange behavious in site without tabs
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 14:36:22 GMT
Hi there,

I have two questions:

1. What is the purpose of the outmost tabs-element in tabs.xml and its
   attributes.

2. When building a site without tabs (see below) and only one main
   site menu topic that has several subtopics below it, forrest will
   render this OK and the menu will open properly. But when I select one of my
   sub topics (BookCrossing), the menu will not remain open but
   instead snap back into collapsed position.
   Is this a bug or am I just bending the system too much?

Thanks for your advice,
Ferdinand

tabs.xml
<tabs software="MyProj"
  title="MyProj"
  copyright="Foo"

</tabs>

site.xml
<site label="soethe.net" href="" xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0"
        tab="ueber">
        <ueber label="soethe.net" tab="" href="/">
                <index label="Leitseite" href="index.html"
                        description="Die Leitseite on Soethe.net"/>
                <changes label="Historie" href="changes.html"
                        description="Änderungshistorie dieses Websites" />
                <todo label="Todos" href="todo.html" description="Todo Liste" />
                <hc label="Hospitality Club" href="privates/hc/">
                        <Index label="Hospitality Club" href="index.html"
                                description="Meine Infos für Hospitality Club Mitglieder"/>
                </hc>
                <bc label="BookCrossing" href="privates/bc/">
                        <Index label="Was ist BookCrossing?" href="index.html"
                                description="Infos zur Idee"/>
                </bc>
                <forrest label="Apache Forrest" href="forrest/">
                        <Index label="Was ist Forrest?" href="index.html"
                                description="Infos über Forrest"/>
                        <forrestimWeb label="Mehr zu Forrest"
                                href="http://forrest.apache.org" description="Forrest im Web"/>
                </forrest>