forrest-user mailing list archives

From "THOMAS BENOIT" <thomas.ben...@iecs.edu>
Subject Re: slightly different navigation
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:50:41 GMT

Thomas Benoit
Ottawa, CANADA
Email: Thomas.Benoit@iecs.edu
Phone: (613) 244 1662

---- Messages d´origine ----
De: Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org>
Date: Jeudi, Novembre 18, 2004 2:28 pm
Objet: Re: slightly different navigation

> THOMAS BENOIT wrote:
> > Has anyone written a skin which generates a slightly different
> type of
> > navigation. I prefer to explain myself with the following
> example :
> > Let's say site.xml looks like this :
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <site label="Forrest" href="" tab="home"
> >   xmlns="" target="l">http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0">
> >   <community label="Community" href="community/" tab="community">
> >     <index label="About" href="index.html"/>
> >     <howto-samples label="How-To Samples" href="howto/" tab="howto">
> >       <overview label="Overview" href="index.html"/>
> >       <single-page label="Single Page" href="v10/howto-v10.html"/>
> >       <multi-page label="Multi-Page" href="multi/">
> >         <intro label="Intro" href="howto-multi.html"/>
> >         <step1 label="Step 1" href="step1.html"/>
> >         <step2 label="Step 2" href="step2.html"/>
> >       </multi-page>
> >     </howto-samples>
> >   </community>
> > </site>
> >
> > Question :
> > I would like that, when someone clicks on the link "How-To
> Samples", the
> > page "howto/index.html" is displayed without having to click on
> the link
> > "Overview" (I would like to avoid this second click). This can
> be pretty
> > useful for small websites.
>
> Would it suit you if there was no collapsing menu at all?

I need a 2 or 3 level menu. So the collapsing menu suits well, excepts
for the problem described above.
Too bad the tree menu is controlled by a javascript script.
Has someone made some modifications to the basic skins so that we are
not restricted by a simple javascript collapsing menu (I think some
modification to the XSLT files should do the trick). The idea is not to
have to click twice to display the intro text of a category.

Thank you for your help,

Thomas