forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commercial Forrest skins?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:01:40 GMT
El lun, 29-11-2004 a las 19:22, Glen Tulukin escribió:
> I am not a frequent visitor of this forum

I would like to see you more around. ;-)

> and thus I do not know the "common
> denominator" opinion but I think it's wrong that you restrict Forrest to the
> purpose of documentation generation only.

:)

Right now that is our mission statement. ;-)

...but what you describe now is a scenario where I see forrest 1.0 as a
standard framework.

> I use Forrest for production web site generation -- I do it for my client.
> Client submits me xml file they edit in the XML Spy with linked
> document-v12.dtd

You may have a look in the new htmlArea plugin that Ross added to trunk.
...and http://lenya.apache.org

> and a freelancer/web designer updates css from time to
> time.

IMO that is the perfect solution. :)

> I regenerate site and ftp it to ISP. I know that some other people I
> met at local XML group do more or less the same. I had to clean-up Forrest
> xslt's to make them more Internet-oriented as opposite to be
> documentation-oriented. Namely, use DIV instead of tables,

Have you seen pelt? It is all div based.

> remove comments,
> have separate windows title and document title, introduce keywords and
> provide report how many times they used and in which paragraph (search
> engines savvy) -- just to name few things from the big list you can find on
> a good search-engine optimization web site...

Can you do a patch??? I am working on the fbits plugin where I capsulate
features, so that they can be easily be reused. I guess your stuff would
be wonderful. :)

Please, add it to jira.

> Glen

Glen, you gave us a perfect use case for forrest.

It is all about seperation of concern.

I see forrest as well as more then "just" a documentation tool but the
core functionalities will always be about documentation.

...to every documentation there is a need for a good presentation and
that is the other core functionality of forrest. If you can help
strengthen the html presentation then be our guest. ;-)

You and everybody else is very welcome to help forrest. :)
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)