forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commercial Forrest skins?
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 07:50:50 GMT
El jue, 25-11-2004 a las 22:28, Glen Tulukin escribiĆ³:
> Several times I was asked by graphic artists and web designers whether there
> is a market for commercial Forrest skins. What does the Forrest community
> think? Thanks.

IMO no because we are still < 1.0. As well we are talking about
introducing the new concept of views/themes that will be second
generation skining for 0.7. That means mayor changes in how to create
the design for forrest. I reckon if we are fast enough the skin concept
will no be in 0.7 anymore.

BTW I would like to see designer and graphic artist providing themes for
the new views in the future *free of charge* to give something back to
forrest. I personally would not *buy* a view and theme.

I think that we need more designer and graphic artist as developer here
in forrest. Please let your friends know that there are here very
welcome. ;-)

If you interested in the new templating language forrest:templates
please raise a question in dev@a.f.o and search the dev ml. It is still
in concept phase but I hope that we will finish the first example
implementation pretty soon.
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"