forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mimicking Krysalis with Pelt skin
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:40:25 GMT
El mié, 17-11-2004 a las 17:26, Clay Leeds escribió:
<snip/>
> Main problems w/ pelt:
> - don't like the beige used for the searchbox and bar

in depth below.

> - want the breadcrumb trail below the header/tabs

It is written in the code of skinconf.xml:

  <!-- Some skins use this to form a 'breadcrumb trail' of links.
    Use location="alt" to move the trail to an alternate location
    (if the skin supports it).
	  Omit the location attribute to display the trail in the default
location.
	  Use location="none" to not display the trail (if the skin supports
it).
    For some skins just set the attributes to blank.
  -->
<trail location="alt"/>

> I tried uncommenting the 'Krysalis' <colors> section in skinconf.xml,
> but it doesn't give me borders around the Menu/SiteNav section (BGColor
> is close to white, making it tough to differentiate) and the searchbox
> color is still beige.

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/skins/pelt/css/profile.css.xslt?view=markup
<xsl:template match="color[@name='searchbox']">
#top .searchbox {
background-color: <xsl:value-of select="@value"/> ;
color: <xsl:value-of select="@font"/>;
}
</xsl:template>

That means just add <color name='searchbox' value="#FFFFFF"
font="#000000"/> to skinconf.xml and it should work.
> I also tried adding to <extra-css>:
>
>      .searchbox, .roundtopsmall {
>        background-color: #CFDCED;
>      }
>
> But that just makes the searchbox look unpolished (some corners are
> round--not others--& rounded corners are still beige).

> What is the best way to make my changes? Must I re-create the corner
> images[2] in screen.css even though they already exist in the
> deprecated krysalis-site?
>
> Is there some sort of table which documents the CSS color values for
> the various Forrest skins? (This sounds like a job for someone to
> document... :-))

It is [2]:
{$backgroundColor}
        Any <color name=""/> element in the skinconf.xml (the
        value="{$color}" attribute will be applied).
        e.g. header
{$strokeColor}
        Any <color name=""/> element in the skinconf.xml (the
        value="{$color}" attribute will be applied).
        e.g. searchbox
{$foregroundColor}
        Any <color name=""/> element in the skinconf.xml (the
        value="{$color}" attribute will be applied).
        e.g. searchbox

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/skins/pelt/css/screen.css?view=markup
#top .searchbox {
    position: absolute;
    right: 10px;
    height: 42px;
    font-size: 70%;
    white-space: nowrap;
    text-align: right;
    color: white;
    background-color: #000000;
    z-index:0;
    background-image: url(images/rc-t-l-5-1header-2searchbox-3searchbox.png);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: top left;
    bottom: -1px; /* compensate for IE rendering issue */
}

BTW this has a bug that needs to be fixed (since it is already documented). ;-)

It is a floating bug of the search box.
The first load is positioned top and after a refresh it moves to the bottom.

I guess there are more of thoses to add:
bottom: -1px; /* compensate for IE rendering issue */

;-)

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"