forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation of site.xml and tabs.xml wanted?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 08:18:24 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> As mentioned earlier, I'd like to participate in documenting Forrest
> and the first project I'd like to work on is documenting the content
> of tabs.xml und site.xml with a complete reference of elements and
> attributes and plenty of examples.
>
> Would this be of any use?

Yes.

There is not much to describe because the element names
are decided by the author. The site.xml is a free-format xml file.
It does use certain attributes.

The tab.xml does have a simple structure and a DTD to define it.

It might be better to tweak the existing documentation
that describes those files. Would you please find where
these items are already described and suggest what needs
to be enhanced. Perhaps they do need separate description.

> And if so, is anybody who understands
> Forrest be willing to check my texts for accuracy and answer my
> questions with respect to attributes and their purpose?

Sure. Read existing docs and ask for clarification.

Just add any contribution to the issue tracker.

That way any developer can see try it. Committers
can apply your changes and additions to the main docs,
and tweak them to integrate.

It is good to do things in small stages, rather than
wait until a document is a finished product. Anyway,
it is a community product, we all tweak each other's
documentation contributions.

Welcome.

--
David Crossley