forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <>
Subject Re: modifying the css for forrest
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:42:36 GMT
On Nov 3, 2004, at 3:33 PM, Linda Rose wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been very impressed by the example sites that have been created
> using Forrest. I want to customize the look of mine. Can I modify
> my-project\build\site\skin\basic.css?
> Thanks,
> Linda

IIUC, anything in build/site (or build\site\ on Windows) is fair game
to get clobbered when you do a /forrest/. For this reason, I tend to
want to make changes in src/* somewhere (can a member of the Forrest
Team confirm this?).

Is it possible for you to make the necessary changes in the
<extra-css/> portion of src/documentation/skinconf.xml? I would assume
not. Perhaps the scale-dev/leather-dev skin may be along the lines of
what you're looking for (search the lists for
more info and to 'watch' or 'contribute' to the progress)?

If not, you could also modify the .css files in the forrest/*/skin/. Of
course, if you're using forrest-0.7-dev, those changes might get
affected (or get in the way of) svn updates. If you're using
forrest-0.6, you should be pretty safe, although you'll want to back up
any of those files before you make changes.

Web Maestro Clay
Clay Leeds - <>
Webmaster/Developer - Medata, Inc. - <>
PGP Public Key: <>