forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: modifying the css for forrest
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:42:36 GMT
On Nov 3, 2004, at 3:33 PM, Linda Rose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been very impressed by the example sites that have been created
> using Forrest. I want to customize the look of mine. Can I modify
> my-project\build\site\skin\basic.css?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Linda

IIUC, anything in build/site (or build\site\ on Windows) is fair game
to get clobbered when you do a /forrest/. For this reason, I tend to
want to make changes in src/* somewhere (can a member of the Forrest
Team confirm this?).

Is it possible for you to make the necessary changes in the
<extra-css/> portion of src/documentation/skinconf.xml? I would assume
not. Perhaps the scale-dev/leather-dev skin may be along the lines of
what you're looking for (search the dev@forrest.apache.org lists for
more info and to 'watch' or 'contribute' to the progress)?

If not, you could also modify the .css files in the forrest/*/skin/. Of
course, if you're using forrest-0.7-dev, those changes might get
affected (or get in the way of) svn updates. If you're using
forrest-0.6, you should be pretty safe, although you'll want to back up
any of those files before you make changes.

HTH!

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>