forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: slightly different navigation
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:46:55 GMT
On Nov 18, 2004, at 3:50 PM, THOMAS BENOIT wrote:
> De: Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org>
>> Would it suit you if there was no collapsing menu at all?

It would suit my needs for some sites (particularly where I have fewer
pages). It wouldn't be good for the FOP web site, but for web sites
which have smaller documentation needs it would be great!

> I need a 2 or 3 level menu. So the collapsing menu suits well, excepts
> for the problem described above.
> Too bad the tree menu is controlled by a javascript script.
> Has someone made some modifications to the basic skins so that we are
> not restricted by a simple javascript collapsing menu (I think some
> modification to the XSLT files should do the trick). The idea is not to
> have to click twice to display the intro text of a category.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> Thomas

I would be prefer it be done in CSS, if possible (i.e., without
javascript).

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>