forrest-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 03:51:00 GMT
Now I'm trying to get the Tapestry site working with Forrest 0.6.

I'm httting the same problem with my navigation that I did with
HiveMind.  On *some* tabs, the index.html within a particular
directory is a verbatim copy of the root index.html (which means it
not only has the wrong content, but has bad relative links to
styesheets and images).

I've put up a version of the resulting site at
http://jakarta.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry

Does *anyone* have some insight into what's going on inside Forrest and Cocoon?

site.xml: (partial)

<site xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="project">
  
    <project-index href="index.html"/>
    
    <project label="Tapestry">
    <home label="Home" href="index.html"/>
    <quotes label="Quotes" href="quotes.html"/>
    <faq label="FAQ" href="faq.html"/>
    <todo label="TODO" href="todo.html"/>
    <changes label="Change Log" href="changes.html"/>
    <wiki label="Wiki" href="http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/"/>
    <dev label="Developers" href="dev.html"/>
    </project>
    
    <UsersGuide label="Users Guide" tab="UsersGuide" href="UsersGuide/">
      
      <index href="index.html"/>
      
        <guide label="Users Guide">
          <!-- intro label="Introduction" href="index.html"/ -->
          <templates label="Page and component templates" href="template.html"/>
          <components label="Creating Tapestry components"
href="components.html"/>
          <state label="Managing server-side state" href="state.html"/>
          <configuration label="Configuring Tapestry"
href="configuration.html"/>
          <proprties label="Tapestry Object Properties" href="properties.html"/>
          <spec label="Specification DTDs" href="spec.html"/>
        </guide>
      
    </UsersGuide>
    
    
    <tapestry label="Framework" tab="tapestry" href="tapestry/">
      
      <index href="index.html"/>
      
      <ComponentReference label="ComponentReference" href="ComponentReference/">
        <ActionLink label="ActionLink" href="ActionLink.html"/>
        <Any label="Any" href="Any.html"/>

tabs.xml:

<tabs software="Tapestry"
  title="Tapestry Project"
  copyright="Apache Software Foundation"
  xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">

  <tab label="Tapestry Project" href="index.html" id="project"/>
  <tab label="Users Guide" dir="UsersGuide"  id="UsersGuide"/>
  <tab label="Framework" dir="tapestry" id="tapestry"/>

 </tabs>

As with HiveMind, I've been in thrash mode, changing things that used
to work to try and make them work again.



-- 
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
http://howardlewisship.com

Mime
View raw message