forrest-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues upgrading from 0.5 to 0.6
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:05:34 GMT
I'm aware of what I should be doing and much of it used to work in Forrest 0.5.

See the diffs:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-hivemind/src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml?r1=1.26%3Arelease-1-0&tr1=1.28&r2=text&tr2=1.28&diff_format=h

I had to strip out a lot of stuff that makes sense to work around bugs in 0.6.

I'm still finding more problems; for example when trying to build
wholesite.xml, I get:

     [java] X [0]                                     wholesite.html
 BROKEN: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Resource not found.: o
rg.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException:
file:/C:/workspace/jakarta-hivemind/target/forrest-composite/content/xdocs/hivedocs/index.xml
doesn't exist.

Even though my cli.xconf contains:

   <exclude pattern="hivedocs/**"/>
   <exclude pattern="**/hivedocs/**"/>
   <exclude pattern="**/apidocs/**"/>
   <exclude pattern="**/clover/**"/>

I also just noticed that top-level, non-menu elements in my site.xml
don't appear.  Example:

		<reference label="Reference">
			<services label="Services" href="services.html"/>
			<configurations label="Configurations" href="configurations.html"/>
			<hivedoc label="HiveDoc" href="hivedoc.html"/>
			<descriptor label="Module  Descriptor" href="descriptor.html"/>
			<rules label="Contribution Processing Rules" href="rules.html"/>
      <dependencies label="Dependencies" href="dependencies.html"/>
 		</reference>

		<changes label="Change Log" href="changes.html"/>
    <todo label="TODO" href="todo.html"/>

    <mailinglists label="Mailing Lists"
href="http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#HiveMind"/>

		<downloads href="downloads.html" label="Downloads"/>
		<bugs href="http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10500"
label="Bugs"/>

		<cvs href="cvs.html" label="CVS Access"/>

		<tutorials label="Tutorials and Information">

The "Reference" and "Tutorials and Information" menus appear, but none
of the others do.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry