forrest-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Display document history inline w/ subversion
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:32:54 GMT
Vincent Bray wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 14:20, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Could you make a mocku-up page of what you would like to see, and where
>>the various versions would be stored?
>
> Something like this:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/vincentbray/site/samples/sample.html

Cool, I get it now. It's basically like our file-based revision system
but using source control repos instead and with a more prominent placing
(it should go in the future right-hand side section that we will be adding).

If you have a SVN checkout of a forrest-documented project, look in a
directory that contains docs. Then look at the file named in
./.svn/entries  It's an xml file that contains the information about the
current files in the directory. A start but not enough.

Then do this:

  svn log --xml index.xml  > index-log.xml

It extracts the log  of the commits for index.xml to a file named
index-log.xml in xml formal. Now we're getting somewhere.

If we would instead output these files to a temporary directory, and
have Forrest mix the contents of the log files with the pages...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -