forrest-user mailing list archives

From peter.dyks...@donovandata.com
Subject Re: R: Extracting content from Microsoft word into Forrest
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:01:09 GMT
Any automation of Word to Open Office would be of great interest to us as
well.

I can imagine some of our users switching to Open Office, but it would be
great if we could also automate conversion of existing Word documents as
well as the odd new document.  A command line approach such as the one
shown below would be v. useful.

Ross - when you run Open Office as a server to convert Word docs, what
actually triggers the conversion of a given document to Open Office?

Thanks for any further comments -- it's starting to sound like using Word
docs in Forrest may be of fairly wide interest.

Clay Leeds <cleeds@medata.com>
10/14/2004 11:03 AM
Please respond to
user@forrest.apache.org

user@forrest.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: R: Extracting content from Microsoft word into Forrest

We too, have been starting to move along this path... thanks in large
part to Forrest!

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>