forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: How do I create OpenOffice.org Forrest:* styles?
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:18:21 GMT
On Oct 20, 2004, at 3:21 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Clay Leeds wrote:
>>> We already know there appears to be a bug in OpenOffice.org Writer's
>>> handling of Styles[1]. But if I knew how the styles in the
>>> openoffice-writer.sxw file was created, I might be able to
>>> 'workaround' the situation by re-creating the openoffice-writer.sxw
>>> file. For one thing, openoffice-writer.sxw does not appear to have
>>> Headings 3, 4 and 5. As a result, I don't appear to be able to
>>> include them in my documents.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-311
>> This XSL I attached to http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-310
>> have some rudimentary handling of Open Office style information. That
>> will give you a start on working out how styles are stored.
>> If you open up an sxw file (i.e. unzip it) you will see the styles
>> are stored in a separate file and linked by ID to the relevent
>> elements in the content.
>> I am sure the OpenOffice.org website will have much more info on this.
>
> Sorry, I just realised I misunderstood your question. Nevertheless,
> looking into how OpenOffice manages its styles may help with the
> workaraound. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your real question.
>
> Ross

Thanks for the follow-up. I suspect you're correct that the solution
resides somewhere on the OOo site.

You're correct that my 'real' question was 'How does one create an OOo
style that can be transformed/output via Forrest. I was hoping that the
Forrest developer who created the openoffice-writer.sxw document and
its aggregate XSL converter might have some (or could create)
documentation so other developers could to this as well.

I'll check out the XSL attached to FOR-311. Thanks.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>