forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: How do I create OpenOffice.org Forrest:* styles?
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:35:43 GMT
On Oct 20, 2004, at 3:21 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Clay Leeds wrote:
>>> We already know there appears to be a bug in OpenOffice.org Writer's
>>> handling of Styles[1]. But if I knew how the styles in the
>>> openoffice-writer.sxw file was created, I might be able to
>>> 'workaround' the situation by re-creating the openoffice-writer.sxw
>>> file. For one thing, openoffice-writer.sxw does not appear to have
>>> Headings 3, 4 and 5. As a result, I don't appear to be able to
>>> include them in my documents.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-311
>> This XSL I attached to http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-310
>> have some rudimentary handling of Open Office style information. That
>> will give you a start on working out how styles are stored.
>> If you open up an sxw file (i.e. unzip it) you will see the styles
>> are stored in a separate file and linked by ID to the relevent
>> elements in the content.
>> I am sure the OpenOffice.org website will have much more info on this.
>
> Sorry, I just realised I misunderstood your question. Nevertheless,
> looking into how OpenOffice manages its styles may help with the
> workaraound. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your real question.
>
> Ross

Those files will be useful to get around this problem. I think part of
the problem with Heading levels can be resolved by making the XPath
match.

I've tried manually editing the style.xml & content.xml files by
copying a 'good' Heading 1 code segment, and creating Heading 3, 4, 5
segments to content.xml (and similarly creating the relevant 'styles'
in style.xml). Unfortunately, when I process run /forrest/ it complains
that meta.xml does not exist (even though it exists in the directory
and the resulting openoffice-writer.zip file--renamed to
openoffice-writer.sxw).

I'll check the OOo docs to see if I come up with anything.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>