forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Disabling block display in pelt's menu
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:04:38 GMT
On Oct 28, 2004, at 10:37 AM, Stefano Mancarella wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> I *think* Stefano is referring to the .selectedmenuitemgroup:
>
> Exactly!

Fico!

>> If so, I *think* he would modify skinconf.xml like this:
>> <extra-css>
>> #menu .selectedmenuitemgroup{
>>         display: none;
>>         margin: 0px 0px 6px 8px;
>>         padding: 0px;
>>         font-weight : bold; }
>> </extra-css>
>
> I tried it (actually with display:run-in and other values), but it's
> useless: the getMenu.js script keeps setting it back to "block".

Ti fa [qualcosa] cosí?

>> I suspect Stefano just wants it to always display, and never toggle):
>
> Actually I just want IE to render it properly, but it doesn't!

[Mildly OT] There must be a workaround somewhere. Perhaps you can find
something here:

http://www.alistapart.com/topics/css/

like this:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/horizdropdowns/

(which has this test, which works great in Mac OS X Safari--how does it
work in IE?)
http://www.alistapart.com/d/horizdropdowns/horizontal2.htm

[more OT] While we're on the subject of dynamic replacement, how does
this stack up:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dynatext/

(which has this nice demo--plugin material for Forrest? ;-)):
http://www.stewartspeak.com/dtr/demo/

>> #menu .menuitemgroup {
>>         display: block;
>>         margin: 0px 0px 6px 8px;
>>         padding: 0px;
>>         font-weight : bold; }
>
> Anyway, this doesn't work either. It still toggles.

Darn!

>> [OT] Funny, I just added an enhancement request to JIRA so that you
>> can control the behavior of menuitem groups.
>
> :-)

Does :-) mean that you'd be in favor of this enhancement request?

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>